We are thrilled to welcome Moscow’s PHIL GERUS to our ever growing list of awesome exclusive guest mixes. We’ve been fans of this young producer’s music ever since we heard one of his first projects “Based On Misunderstandings 5” released on the mighty Sonar Kollektiv in 2012.
Since then he has been progressing with every release with trusted quality labels like Bastard Jazz, Future Boogie. He has just released an outstanding 12″ with 4 edits (scoop it up now!) and has a EP on Lumberjacks In Hell in the works (out in Mid July)Download (Right Click + Save As:)
1. Macho – Mucho Macho (INTRO)
2. Nyc Peech Boys – Something Special (J-ski Extended)
3. Hard Corps – Dirty
4. Wally Badarou – Back to Scales (Jex Opolis Retug)
5. Quest – Boy Scouts
6. Sapho – Carmel
7. Maurice McGee – Do I Do
8. Zalmac – I Get Down
9. Man Friday – Real Love (The Paradise Garage Mix)
10. Mothers Finest – Dis go dis way dis go that way
11. Martin Circus – Disco Circus
12. Spandau Ballet – Feel The Chant (Instrumental)
13. Sit On This (Bastedos Edit)
14. Phil Gerus – Stop! Let’s Slow Down
15. Colonel Abrams – You Got Me Running
16. Docs Of War & The Zabras – Paradise Garage
17. Phil Gerus – Cyanide (Raw Edit)
18. Paris Casablanca – Dancing In Cairo
19. Yukihiro Takahashi – Curtains
20. Phil Gerus – Sangenjaya
Phil Gerus is a natural musical talent who oozes sound from every pore. Fusing together cassette pop, house, soul, r&b and funk, his sounds are effortless but hugely emotive and have come out on labels like Sonar Kolkektiv, ManMakeMusic, Symbols and FuseLab. Growing up in Moscow, Phil studied classical piano and was heavily influenced by his parents’ music tastes, including jazz records of Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, and Keith Jarrett, it is these classy vibes that permeate his own creations.
It was in September 2014 that Phil got his latest break, namely being signed to the excellent ManMakeMusic label for an EP that proved his breath taking electronic sound is truly unique. Phil has played around the world at leading clubs like Japan’s Dommune and various hotspots in Europe and Russia. Phil is also a regular guest on radio shows around the planet and is considered as an artist on the rise.