London-based brothers Clive and Mark Ives are back with a new record titled “Paradise in Pimlico” (Quindi Records) and to celebrate, we’ve asked them to put a mix together for us!
When Woo first began recording at home in the early 70s, Clive and Mark were the embodiment of furtive genius. Since re-emerging in 2013, they’ve released scores of albums, collaborated with Seahawks, and have now struck up a productive relationship with Quindi.
Woo: “This mix is mainly from the 70s and 80s, when Mark and I listened to a lot of LPs. The tracks represent artists that inspired us with their originality and their passion for music.
All of these tracks have influenced our own recording, composition and production, e.g. Todd Rundgren’s productions and transitions, Robert Palmer’s multi rhythmic beats and Nina Hagen’s eccentricity.”
- Sofa No.2 – Frank Zappa, The Mothers of Invention
- The Spark of Life – Todd Rundgren
- The Girls From the Streets – Scott Walker
- Timewhys – Tonto’s Expanding Head Band
- Looking For Clues – Robert Palmer
- Stardust – Lionel Hampton
- Don’t You Ever Listen – Todd Rundgren
- Der Wind Hat Ein Lied Erzählt (Radio Edit) – Nina Hagen, bruno Balz
- Suite bergamasque: No 4 Passepied – Isao Tomita
- Have You heard Pt1 – Moody Blues
- Can You Follow – Jack Bruce
- Habanera (from Carmen Jones) – George Bizet
- Lucky Like St. Sebastian – Momus
- Aperitivo – Louis Phiiippe
- The Spiral Steps – Robert Rich
- Cool In The Pool – Holger Czukay
- Xoyo – The Passage