Whether you are a fan Disco, Soul, Funk or Detroit Techno, Deep House the name Theo Parrish should already be familiar. Since the mid-90’s he has been one of the most important artists in contemporary electronic music in the last 20 years.
One of the few truly excellent Producer AND Dj he also finds time to run Sound Signature, the label he founded in 1997.
“Methods of Movement” is a mix that is 15 years old, blending in more obscure tracks of old soul, house, Afro-beat, and disco. We just love these mixes from the “pre-computer” dj era, filled with tiny imperfections but so much more personality and soul than most DJ mixes these days which sound like they were created and conceptualized in a computer from A to Z.
Note: For the THEO / Sound Signature die-hards. “Methods of Movements” has been reissued on its original format, CD! Remember those?
- Undisputed Truth (2) – Sandman
- Tullio De Piscopo – Stop Bajon (Primavera)
- Lil’ Louis & The World – Funny How U Luv
- Outside – The Plan (-kton Mix)
- Level 42 – Love Meeting Love
- Skyy – First Time Around
- Remix – Larry Levan
- First Choice – Love Having You Around
- Luther Vandross – Never Too Much
- Tony Allen – Hustlers
- James Brown – Get It On The Good Foot
- Joe Lewis – Love Mystery (Of Love #2)
- Kenny Dixon Jr. – I Like It
- ERB – The Weekend
- Theo Parrish – China Trax
- Theo Parrish – Reaction To Plastic
- Incognito – I Can See The Future
- George Benson – The World Is A Ghetto
- Two Tons Of Fun – Make Someone Feel Happy
- One Way – Do Your Thing
Love this, hadn’t heard it before! Thanks for the share Lexis!