Jean Sibelius’ oeuvre was inspired by the same Finnish mountains where he ended his brilliant career.
An exuberant creative genius in his youth he seemed to harden with age and was never able to escape the symphonic curse. He left behind a robust body of work but we chose to explore the lighter side of his compositions with mostly orchestral and some piano pieces.
1. Gothenburg Symphony dir.Järvi – Pelleas & Melisande op.46 – Melisande
2. Oistrakh-Violin Concerto (Stockholm Symphony dir.Ehrling) Adagio Di Molto
3. Bournemouth Symphony dir. Berglund – Valse Triste
4. Tawaststjerna- Klavierstücke op.24 Idylle
5. Tawaststjerna- Impromptu op.5 commodo
6. Stockholm Symphony dir.Ehrling – Legends of Lemmikäinen – The Swan of Tuonela
7. Gothenburg Symphony dir.Järvi – Canzonetta op.62a
8. Stocholm Radio Orch dir. Westerberg- The Tempest op.109-Chorus of the Winds