From his singular composition titles and annotations to his incredibly unique style, Erik Satie has captivated the heart and gripped souls of all who discover his oeuvre. Yet there is much more to his work than the timeless piano pieces; who themselves have a large interpretative spectrum.
Satie seemed to live in his own bubble as a misunderstood genius and although he may have ended his time on earth in abject poverty, the richness of his pieces have taken on a life of their own. Let The Classicaliszt guide you through his most melancholic, bucolic and transcendentally lucid moments.
01. Gnossiennes#1 – Fevrier
02. Gnossiennes#2 – Clidat
03. Gnossiennes #3 – Macaluso (guitar)
04. Passacaille – Glazer
05. Chapitre tournés en tous sens- Ciccolini
06. Vexations (extrait pages mystiques) – Dalberto
07. Pièces Froides (Airs à Faire Fuir : De manière particulière) – Fevrier
08. Pièces Froides (Danse Travers) – Clidat
09. Pièces Froides (Airs à Faire Fuir : Modestement-S’inviter) – DeLeeuw
10. Fugue lintanique – Orchestre National Français (dir.Rosenthal)
11. Gymnopédies -1&3 – Utah Symphony (dir.Abravanel)
12. 3 Gymnopédies – De Leeuw