If money was no object this year, my Christmas gift from me to me would be this bad boy. A rotary mixer hand made in France. The two main features of this E&S (Electronique Spectacle) mixer are: power & portability. The DJR 400′s reputation has been on the rise, so much that the custom, hand-assembled mixer comes with a 2 year waiting list!
I played with Floating Points a couple of months ago and when I spoke to him he said he was bringing his mixer to the gig. The man lugs his mixer halfway around the world! I then looked it up online and from the pictures I really couldn’t tell how small it was. I was thinking it was like carrying one of those classic RANE mixers around but I was very surprised to see how small the DJR 400 it was.
And then, I was thrown on my ass as soon as we plugged it in for sound check. We were running two mixers side by side and the traditional Pioneer DJM was at 9 and the DJR from E&S was at 2. I had never heard that venue sound so good.
So, well… if you have 3000$ floating around feel free to buy me one. Please?
DJR400 is a very new concept of “travel” mixer, the idea is to be able to carry it with you anywhere , very easy to plug with it’s back connections , it includes all the specifications of the DJR100D in a 4 lines portable mixer ! You don’t have to « rack » it or do a long soundcheck you can just plug it in a system and play , controling the room’s system with the very powerfull integrated cross over.
Dimensions: 280mm x 210mm x 70mm
- bandwidth – 1db : 10
- 25 000 Hz
- switchable inputs 1 & 3: phono/line
- input 2 : phono
- input 4 : line
- integrated crossover isolator (10 – 300 Hz / 300 – 3000 Hz / 3000
- 25000 HZ) – master and booth : RCA and XLR balanced
- output level (XLR) up to +22 dBm
- effect loop on master and booth output
- PFL : pushbutton mixable monitor to phones
- external power suply -ALPS potentiometer
- total weight : 2,8 Kg option : send effect on each channel (view wood model)